10 Beautiful and Imaginative Netflix Shows to Get You Inspired
There are so many days when I want to feel inspired to step up and get creative, but I just can’t seem to get motivated. The best part about living in 2020 is that we can sit on the couch and watch a TV show or a movie that is so beautiful and thoughtfully done, it inspires us to get up and get our creative juices flowing.
Here is a list of my FAVORITE Netflix shows and movies that help inspire me creatively!
1. The Abstract. This show is the pinnacle of art and design television. The video work is stunning, the designers are cool and inspired, and their work, speaks for itself. If you are even slightly interested in art and design, The Abstract is a must watch.
2. Chef’s Table. While Chef’s Table is not a traditional art show, the cinematography, colors, and people are incredibly inspiring. I am a self professed “foodie.” My favorite things in order are my family and friends, art, and food. This show will get your mouth watering.
3. Stay Here. If interior design and marketing are your interests, this is a show you need to dive into. Stay Here takes under-designed and simple interior spaces and transforms them into magical get away spaces.
4. Street Food. If travel and food is a passion of yours, this is a must see. Street Food has deeply inspiring stories and will transport you across Asia and the newest season in Latin America. Street Food single handily has increased my desire to explore Asia.
5. Sky Ladder: The Art of Cai Guo-Qiang. If you want to be inspired to think of unconventional materials in a new way, artist, Cai Guo-Qiang will get you thinking outside of the box. His passion and dedication to his practice is continual throughout his life and encourages us to follow our dreams.
6. The Hundred Foot Journey. This is really beautiful movie about culture, love, and FOOD. Yes, another food show, but like I said, it’s one of my passions, coming hand-in-hand. The Hundred Foot Journey inspires you to look outside your own culture and beliefs to inspire you to explore and create in new ways.
7. Grand Designs. If you like architecture, this is the show for you. Grand Designs takes you on tours of some of the most interesting architectural hidden gems around the world. This show will inspire you to think of your own space in a new way.
8. Next in Fashion. Hosted by Alexa Chung and Tan France, Next in Fashion features some of the most talented up and coming fashion designers from around the world. Their talent will amaze you and the final will blow your mind!
9. Interior Design Masters. What makes this show inspiring is that it is everyday people pursuing their dreams of becoming professional interior designers. Some of the ideas are eh, and some are really exciting because they are things you could do yourself, in your own home! Also it is a British television show, so the charm factor is at a 10/10.
10. The World's Most Extraordinary Homes. If you are an architecture buff, this show will deliver some serious home envy. This show has truly collected and sought out the most extraordinary homes in the world with incredibly cinematography to boot. The home owners, designers, and architectures in The World's Most Extraordinary Homes have me looking for an empty blot of land and some drafting materials.
If you are thinking, have you really watched ALL of those shows, yes, yes I have, and many more too. It can be hard to stay creative, especially when your couch looks really comfy, so these shows help to get me back on track.
Please comment below if you have any other creativity inducing shows that keep your eyes looking over to your paints!